Undertaking a construction project can be a daunting task if you
haven't done it before, but with our caring,
trained design and construction professionals at your disposal,
you'll achieve your dreams with a minimum of stress. If you have any
questions about our building process, our
FAQ page is a great resource for our most common inquiries.
project is unique, and the process toward completion can
vary significantly. In general, to help you understand
what is involved, we offer the following steps:
1. The initial consultation
You put your ideas into words, provide us with pictures, and
any other information you feel is important. We listen carefully, taking
notes and asking you questions. We'll then outline the initial process,
and determine whether we are a good fit and if we should continue. Our
personal, caring and no-nonsense approach ensures that you aren't
wasting any time or money.
2. Feasibility study
We study the property or existing structure, and determine what
can be done. We will then review land surveys and explore any zoning
issues as well as review contracts and documents for potential problems.
We develop a preliminary sketch and prepare a budget. A
contract is written to include the the scope of work and financial
4. Concept design and price planning
You approve the conceptual drawings we've created. We then
prepare the work scope and specifications. You select the finishes you'd
like to see in your new home, after which, we present final drawings and
price planning research. Finally, we submit for a building permit and
application for variance, if necessary.
We obtain building permits, conduct pre-construction meetings.
Once we're ready, we'll prepare the site and the project begins!
6. Project completion
We conduct a walk-through of the entire project with you,
creating a list of any outstanding issues or deficiencies. After this
point, the Warranty period begins and you can move into your beautiful
new dream home!
7. One year inspection
After one year, we visit your new home and conduct a walk-through of
the entire project with you. We'll create a list of any new issues or
deficiencies, and initiate any repairs, if necessary.
Below is a brief outline of some of the basic steps
involved in a custom home design and construction
- Architectural drawings/Surveyor
- Building permits
- Installation of utility, sanitary, and domestic water services
- Damp/water proofing of foundation
- Installation of weeping tiles
- Installation of steel beams
- Installation of the roof shingles, vents, and skylights
- Installation of windows and exterior doors
- Installation of brick, stone or stucco veneer
- Installation of eaves trough, gutters , soffit, and fascia
- Installation of garage doors
- Rough in for electricity, plumbing, HVAC, alarm, telephone,
cable, and vacuum
- Installation of stairs
- Plaster molding in ceiling
- Installation of interior doors with door trim and window trim
- Bathroom tile
- Installation of stair railing
- Installation of kitchen and bathroom vanities
- Final completion of electricity, plumbing, HVAC, alarm,
telephone, cable, and vacuum
- Interior clean up
- Final inspection by client